Creating the service user account
- Please log in into the Perun system and then go to the VO Manager section.
- On the left panel please click on Select VO. Now you can see the list of the VOs under your administration.
- Please choose the desired VO, where would you like to create a service user account.
- The easiest way hot to create a service user account is to choose Create service member button on the Overview bookmark.
- There will appear new dialog window 1. Create service identity, where is necessary to fill an account info.
- Member's name - please isert the service user account name.
- Member's email - please insert the email, which will be preferred for the service user account. In case you don't want to receive any emails you can insert firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails sent to this address will be automatically deleted.
- Namespace - please choose from the scrolling menu the same namespace like the user namespace, to which will be the service user account associated.
- Login - please choose the user name always beginning with VO, e. g. the service account backup for VO_meta will have login meta_backup.
- Subject DN and Issuer DN can stay unfilled.
- Then click on Continue button.
- In the following dialog box 2. Associate real users:
- Please insert into the search field user name or login, to which will be the service account associated and then click on the Search button.
- Please select the user by using the checkbox next to the desired username and then click on the Add button.
- Now please click on the Continue button.
- In the following dialog window 3. Set password for: logname
- Please insert the password into the Password field and the please repeat it once more in the Re-type password field.
- Then click on the Set password button.
- Service account will be created now and you can find it in the VO member list under the Members option in the left panel. Service accounts are marked with the (Service) word in front of the user name.
Notice: All changes made in the Perun system will be active in one hour. Thus executed changes are not immediate!!!.