Creating the groups
Please read, how to share data in group.
- Please log in into the Perun system and then go to the VO Manager section.
- On the left panel please click on Select VO. Now you can see the list of the VOs under your administration.
- Please choose the desired VO, where would you like to create a new group. There will appear a new panel with the VO settings.
- Please click on the Create group botton on the Overview bookmark.
- There will appear new dialog window, where you can insert:
- Name: Please insert the desired group name. Do not use the group names beginning with VO. For instance let's have VO_meta, so if you want to create a new group for this VO, the name will be meta_group
- Descriptions: Here you can insert your own group description to specify its purpose.
- As sub-group: You can check this if you wish to make this group such a subgroup of any existing group from the scrolling menu. Then you can choose the parent group of your newly created group in the field Parent group.
- Then you can click on the Create button.
In this time your group is ready and now you need to assign the resources to the newly created group.
- Please click on the Groups bookmark and then choose the group, to which you want to assign the resources.
- There will appear the group settings, here please click on the Resources bookmark.
- On this bookmark please click on the Add button and then choose required resources from the showed list. (Please choose always only resources marked as HOME. In case of Pilsen Data Storage, please choose „Storage Pilsen - home“, for Jihalava Data Storage please choose Storage Jihlava - home“ and for Brno Data Storage please choose „Storage Brno - home“)
- You can choose the required resource by checking of the related check box and then you can confirm the selection by clicking on the Add button.
Now it is necessary to assign GID to the group, so the group can be propagated onto needed resources.
- In case the Group settings bookmark is still open, you can go to Settings bookmark. In case you have closed the Group settings already, then you can click on the Group manager button on the left menu and then you can click on the Select group button on the left menu and now you can choose the desired group, which you need to set up. Then click on the Settings bookmark.
- Please choose your resource from the scrolling menu Resource. In case of Pilsen Data Storage Storage Pilsen - home, Jihlava Data Storage Storage Jihlava - home and for Brno Data Storage Storage Brno - home.
- Now please click on the Add button.
- In the list of variables you can find option Unix group name in einfra and there you can insert the group name, same with the previously chosen group name. Now just click on the Save button.
- After clicking on the Save button, there should automatically appear the GID (GID of unix group).
In the end you can start to fill the group with an users.
- In case the Group settings bookmark is still open, you can go to Members bookmark. In case you have closed the Group settings already, then you can click on the Group manager button on the left menu and then you can click on the Members button (submenu of the Group manager). Now you can choose the group, where you want to add the users.
- Please click on the Add button and instert the name of the desired user, which you want to add.
- If you want to add more users, you can continue with searching and adding them by the same method as is mentioned above.
- Once you have found the desired user you can check the checkbox next to his name and then just click on the Add button.
Notice: All changes made in the Perun system will be active in one hour. Thus executed changes are not immediate!!!.