Include groups to eachother
Include groups to each other
VO MANAGER role needed
Groups (meaning their members) can be included into each other using group relations. Perun has implicit relation between group and its subgroups (where all members of a sub-group are also members of the parent group). But you can also include group outside direct hierarchy. This is handy in cases, when you want to divide group management between more people (each managing own group), but still need to handle unified settings on single group. Also you can include a single group into many others to allow members access different services with different settings.
Perun check consistency, so you won't be able to create cycle throught include relations. Also all included members must be valid for services granted by parent group.
- visit perunGUI VOs pages
- use Select VO from left menu to display list of VOs which you can manage
- click on the row with VO name to select VO
- on VO detail page select Groups option OR click on the Group option at the left menu
- search for a group, into which you wish to include other group (in hierarchy will be like parent group) and click on its name to open group detail
- on Group detail page select Relations option OR click on the Relations option at the left menu
- By default you see included groups (drop-down menu Direction has Normal option selected).
- Sub-groups are hidden by default, since their relation is implicit and can't be removed, you can show them by ticking checkbox Show sub-groups.
- You can reverse viewing direction (see where this group is included and remove/add it as subgroup to another) by selecting Reverse option in Direction drop-down menu.
- Add relation
- Remove relation