Include groups to each other
VO MANAGER role needed
Groups (meaning their members) can be included into each other using group relations. Perun has implicit relation between group and its subgroups (where all members of a sub-group are also members of the parent group). But you can also include group outside direct hierarchy. This is handy in cases, when you want to divide group management between more people (each managing own group), but still need to handle unified settings on single group. Also you can include a single group into many others to allow members access different services with different settings.
Perun check consistency, so you won't be able to create cycle throught include relations. Also all included members must be valid for services granted by parent group.
- Please log in into the Perun system and then go to the VO Manager section.
- On the left panel please click on Select VO. Now you can see the list of the VOs under your administration.
- Please choose the desired VO, where would you like to work with group relations. There will appear a new panel with the VO settings.
- on VO detail page select Groups option OR click on the Group option at the left menu
- search for a group, into which you wish to include other group (in hierarchy will be like parent group) and click on its name to open group detail
- By default you see included groups (drop-down menu Direction has Normal option selected).
- Sub-groups are hidden by default, since their relation is implicit and can't be removed, you can show them by ticking checkbox Show sub-groups.
- You can reverse viewing direction (see where this group is included and remove/add it as subgroup to another) by selecting Reverse option in Direction drop-down menu.
- Add relation