Create the service-user account
VO MANAGER role needed
- Please log in into the Perun system and then go to the VO Manager section.
- On the left panel please click on Select VO. Now you can see the list of the VOs under your administration.
- Please choose the desired VO, where would you like to create a service user account.
- The easiest way how to create a service user account is to choose Create service member button on the Overview bookmark.
- There will appear new dialog window 1. Create service identity, where is necessary to fill an account info.
- you have to enter:
- Member's name - a name describing service member to identify him (something to identify, not necessary name and surname)
- Member's email - please insert the email, which will be preferred for the service user account. In case you don't want to receive any emails you can insert for example email@example.com so as emails sent to this address will be automatically deleted.
- if you want to have login for service member then enter:
- Namespace - choose namespace from popup menu with possible namespaces. It must be the same namespace as namespace where service member account is going to be used.
- Login - logname of new service member in selected namespace. Some VOs has own rules how to construct login. For example VOs associated to Data Storages require name always beginning with name of VO, e. g. the service account backup for VO_xyz will have login xyz_backup.
- if you want service member to use certificate then:
- choose Not selected option for Namespace
- Subject DN - DN of certificate
- Issuer DN - DN of certification authority
- otherwisse stay it unfilled
- press the button Continue
- In the following dialog box 2. Associate real users:
- Please insert into the search field real user's name or login, to which will be the service account associated and then click on the Search button.
- Please select the user by ticking the checkbox next to the desired username and then click on the Add button.
- Now please click on the Continue button.
- The following dialog window 3. Set password for: logname have to be filled only if logname for service account is required.
- Please insert the password into the Password field and then repeat it once more in the Re-type password field.
- Then click on the Set password button.
- Otherwise you can Skip it.
- Service account is created now and you can find it in the VO member list under the Members option in the left panel. Service accounts are marked with the (Service) word in front of the user name.
Notice: All changes made in the Perun system will be active in one hour. Thus executed changes are not immediate!!!.