VCE is a program to estimate covariance matrices in a rather general manner.
Two methods are available:
- REML (REstricted Maximum Likelihood) using analytical gradients,
- Gibbs sampling.
VCE is available in the 6.0.2 version.
- prepare the job description script -- use a general skeleton supplemented by the following lines:
... # load the VCE module module add vce-6.0 # run the computation vce-6.0.2 my_pfile ...
- pass the job description file to the scheduler together with the request for a single processor and the requested amount of memory:
$ qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=1 -l mem=XXXg mydescriptionfile.sh
- ask the scheduler for an interactive job having a single node and a single processor reserved:
$ qsub -I -l nodes=1:ppn=1 -l mem=XXXg
- Note: Do not forget to apppropriately set the amount of requested memory (
memattribute) and/or another job requirements.
- load the VCE module into the environment:
$ module add vce-6.0
- Run VCE in an interactive mode -- see details in documentation:
The documentation is available on the producer's WWW server or locally in the
The program is free of charge for research purposes, but the use should be acknowledged in publications.
Ludmila Zavadilová, Tomáš Rebok firstname.lastname@example.org